I haven't been good at protecting my energy this year, and I'm really burned out as a result.
An example: my entire exterior-of-home plan for 2021 was just two things: 1. mow and 2. plant trees. I have bigger priorities this year.
Then my friends got involved. They offered to help (💛 and I'm really thankful!), I couldn't say no. Now, my yard 2021 plan is:
- Plant trees
- Clean out trash the seller left in the yard (there's a lot)
- Pickup large and small brush (there's a lot)
- Rake (there's a lot)
- Power wash the deck
- Power wash the house
- Replace the deck
- Stain the deck
- Paint the fugly blue walkway to my door
- Paint the front door
- Remove the shed and large dog house left behind by the seller
- Remove the bars from my house's windows
... See what I mean?
This has been happening in almost every area of my life. I have a plan, other opportunities fall into my place, and I feel FOMO for not taking all of them. So I spread myself thin until I'm tired all the time and I'm not getting any closer to my top priority.
It's time for a change! My goal for the next month is to protect my energy at all costs. To practice self-care. And to rest.